September 18, 2023
SUPERVISOR'S TITLE: Director of Beverages FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Bartender is a part-time position that provides excellent customer service to patrons of the Center for the Performing Arts, through listening to patron requests and preparing beverages. The successful candidate has a current bartender’s license, mixology knowledge, direct bartending experience and a desire to have positive, professional and efficient interactions.
All employees are required to embrace and consistently practice the Center’s Core Values of Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Inclusion and Integrity, and actively participate in IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility) training and initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform the functions listed below in a satisfactory manner. The company will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar patrons
- Interact with patrons in a professional manner, take orders, serve snacks and drinks
- Check patrons’ identification and confirm it meets the Indiana legal drinking age requirement of 21
- Maintain an organized, stocked and clean bar
- Restock/replenish bar inventory and supplies as required
- Remain patron-focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Efficiently use technology and point-of-sale systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The company will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to provide excellent customer service experience
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in an organized manner and use time efficiently
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
Required – Indiana Bartender’s License in good standing
Required – At least 6 months of direct bartending experience
Preferred – Prior experience with Square point-of-sale systems
This position includes no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a fast-paced, live entertainment environment that requires accountability for our core values of Inclusion, Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, hearing and dexterity
- Ability to bend, push, lift, carry, pull and move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to speak and listen carefully
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an occasional, part-time, non-exempt position that requires working nights and weekends. Flexibility is required.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Center for the Performing Arts and the Great American Songbook Foundation provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.