Reports To: Annual Fund & Corporate Relations Manager
The Center for the Performing Arts seeks an individual interested in gaining experience in donor relations, event planning and non-profit fundraising. Center internships offer hands-on experiential learning. Internship is unpaid, and includes non-traditional work hours including evenings and weekends. Preferred minimum commitment of 12 hours per week for a 4-month period.
- Assist development staff in fulfilling donor and sponsor benefits
- Assist development staff in event planning efforts
- Execute on-site promotions and coordinate sponsor signage
- Support development efforts and donor activities at Center performances
- Manage marketing data for post-sponsorship reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and basic proofreading skills
- Comfortable navigating Microsoft Office applications
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Ideal candidate is personable, detail-oriented, and poised to negotiate multiple priorities in a fast-pace environment. Maturity and professional demeanor with an independent work style are assumed. A professional interest in fundraising, business development, or event planning is a plus.
About the Center for the Performing Arts:
Located in Carmel, Indiana, the Center for the Performing Arts is a non-profit educational, arts and cultural organization that operates a 3-venue performing arts campus, including the 1,600-seat Palladium concert hall, the 500-seat Tarkington proscenium theater and the 200-seat Studio Theater. The Center’s mission is to welcome, engage, inspire, and transform through compelling performing arts experiences in a world-class environment. Learn more by visiting:
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to JHeighway@TheCenterPresents.org.