Graphic Design Intern
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Reports To: Graphics Production Coordinator
The Center for the Performing Arts is currently seeking candidates for a part-time design intern to assist the In-House Graphic Designer in creating web graphics for the website, designing templates for marketing emails, and managing various print pieces including performance flyers, posters, and mailers.
This is a great opportunity for students interested in hands-on experience in a fast-paced In-House design atmosphere.
- Participate in managing print pieces for the current Center Presents Season. Including: attending press checks and delivering various print pieces to be printed.
- Design & print flyers, posters, and signs on as need basis
- Collaborate with In-House graphic designer on designing new templates for marketing emails.
- Assist in creating web graphics for the Center Website
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite. Including: Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Online research skills
Ideal candidate is outgoing, detail-oriented, and poised to negotiate multiple priorities in a fast-pace environment. Maturity and professional demeanor with an independent work style are assumed. A professional interest in Graphic Design, Marketing, Arts Management etc. is a plus.
Minimum commitment of 3-6 months (1 or 2 semesters); part-time schedule between 10-20 hours per week.
Some event-based evening and weekend work.
About the Center for the Performing Arts:
The Center for the Performing Arts is an inviting gathering place for the community to engage in communal intimacy, celebrating great art together. The Center’s three performing venues include the 1,600-seat Palladium concert hall, the Tarkington 500-seat proscenium theater and a 200-seat studio theater. The Center is not only a haven for local theater, dance and music organizations to perform, it provides three of the finest stages in the world playing host to the globe's most gifted performers.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to jheighway@theCenterforthePerformingArts.org