Reports To: Director of Marketing
The Center for the Performing Arts seeks an individual interested in gaining experience in marketing and communication. Center internships offer hands-on experiential learning. Internship is unpaid, and includes non-traditional work hours including evenings and weekends. Preferred minimum commitment of 8-10 hours per week for a 4-month period.
- Participate in development and implementation of marketing plans for season subscriptions, single tickets and audience development
- Manage specific communication efforts including regional community calendars, etc.
- Assist with social media, website and email content
- Assist marketing research to cultivate specific target audiences including group sales, etc.
- Assist in archiving materials
- Assist in representation at industry and community functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Comfortable navigating Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Experience in social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Effective oral and written communication, Online research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Ideal candidate is outgoing, detail-oriented, and poised to negotiate multiple priorities in a fast-pace environment. Maturity and professional demeanor with an independent work style are assumed. A professional interest in marketing and communications, business development, etc. is a plus.
About the Center for the Performing Arts:
Located in Carmel, Indiana, the Center for the Performing Arts is a non-profit educational, arts and cultural organization that operates a 3-venue performing arts campus, including the 1,600-seat Palladium concert hall, the 500-seat Tarkington proscenium theater and the 200-seat Studio Theater. The Center’s mission is to welcome, engage, inspire, and transform through compelling performing arts experiences in a world-class environment.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to jheighway@theCenterforthePerformingArts.org.