Production Audio Intern
Reports To: Lead Audio Engineer
Opportunities to Include:
Become familiar with the inner workings of a live performance venue, including:
- Performance contract advance
- Show day protocol and occupational responsibilities
- Sound system design and implementation;Large and small scale
- Timing and tuning with SMAART
- Troubleshooting and testing of sound systems and components
- Live mixing intensives
- Console training on house digital consoles; including Digico's SD series, PM5D, LS9
- Recording techniques for classical
- Wireless audio systems implementation
- Stage monitor systems
- Other skills as desired:
- Basic rigging
- Basic theatrical lighting
Responsibilities to include:
- Assisting with setup, striking, and moving of equipment.
- Cleaning,testing,repairing equipment as necessary (this includes basic soldering and wiring of low voltage and 120v cables)
- Preparing gear/systems/sessions/showfiles for performance days.
- Mixing opportunities to commensurate with opportunity, interest, skill level, and reliability
Required Prerequisite skills:
- Basic knowledge of professional live audio systems and components
- Basic studio maintenace skills including soldering and cable repair
- Basic knowledge of ProTools systems and recording techniques
- Be currently studying toward or have completed an applicable college degree
- Assisting with setup, striking, and moving of equipment
This is an unpaid internship.
Fall semester,spring semester, and summer interships available.
Hours will vary week to week and will include nights and weekends. Prospective interns may be asked to submit a background check.
About the Center for the Performing Arts:
Located in Carmel, Indiana, the Center for the Performing Arts is a non-profit educational, arts and cultural organization that operates a 3-venue performing arts campus, including the 1,600-seat Palladium concert hall, the 500-seat Tarkington proscenium theater and the 200-seat Studio Theater. The Center’s mission is to welcome, engage, inspire, and transform through compelling performing arts experiences in a world-class environment. Learn more by visiting:
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to JHeighway@TheCenterPresents.org.