The Center for the Performing Arts is devoted to protecting your personal information. This policy outlines how the Center for the Performing Arts (hereafter referred to as the "Center", "we", "our" or "us") will use the information you provide to us as well as how it is protected. We make every effort to balance our desires as a business to better serve you with your expectations of personal privacy.
The Center is an independent, registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 20-3901164, with a voluntary Board of Directors. We were established in September 2005 to present artistic performances, encourage the arts and promote artistic education. Our offices are located at 1 Carter Green, Carmel, IN 46032.
This policy intends to cover certain situations in which you might engage with us, but there may be other times, such as a special event or program, which are not fully covered by this Policy. In those circumstances, we will provide additional information in writing as to the treatment of that personal information. For the purposes of this policy, the term “personal information” can and will refer to one or more of any of the following items: name, address, phone number, date of birth, e-mail address, credit card/bank account information, device IP address, or any additional “special category data” such as health and dietary requirements.
The Center collects specific required personal information from you in order to process complete orders or contributions. We also request additional information in order to best serve you in your online and in person experience, making it personal to your preferences. For example, in your account, you can indicate your interests (jazz, classical, dance, etc…) which we use to suggest performances in which you might be interested.
This information is optional and may be omitted if you do not choose to enter it. The Center uses your ticket purchase history as well as the information you provide to promote our activities, and you have the right to opt in or opt out of these communications at any time. Through the process of purchasing tickets or making a contribution, you will be asked for your full payment and billing information. This includes credit card number, expiration date, and CVV as well as your contact information. This payment information is encrypted in our database (see Data Security section below).
We also collect information on how our website is being used, such as which pages are visited more frequently (see Cookies section below). By submitting your details, you enable us to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or online content you select and any other related services the Center may provide.
We do not usually collect “special category data” from you unless there is a clear reason for doing so, such as to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support, to enable you to enjoy everything we offer. Examples of special category data we may hold could include things such as health information that comes as a result of knowing your accessibility or other requirements when in engaging with our events, activities and programs, or your gender from your title or name, or your dietary requirements for any hospitality or catered events in which you partake with us.
Data Security and Retention
In order to process a complete ticket order or contribution, the Center collects your full credit card number, expiration date and CVV (Card Verification Value). The Center uses SSL technology in processing online transactions. While your credit card number and expiration date are encrypted and stored in our database, the CVV is never stored. In addition, the credit card number is masked in our system according to industry standards (1234-56XX-XXXX-7890). Staff member access to view the complete credit card numbers is limited to a few people in our Finance and IT departments who may need it to troubleshoot specific transactions. These staff members see the standard masked information as well. Patron Service Representatives and other personnel cannot access this information.
The Center stores your information in cloud-based systems with the aim of digital security. The Center is PCI compliant and does vulnerability scans quarterly with a full compliance reassessment once a year. All of this personal information is stored under physical, electronic and procedural controls using the industry standards as established by the credit card industry. We also regularly purge old and outdated credit card information from our database. All of these security measures have been put in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your account information.
We collect and maintain the information you provide to us during your use of the website or attendance at events. In order for the Center to be able to evaluate the efficacy of its marketing and fundraising strategies, all personal information, excepting payment methods as mentioned above, are retained indefinitely. Citizens and Residents of the UK and EU have additional rights (see Your Rights section below).
We utilize different tracking technologies, including Cookies and other similarly functioning code, to analyze and monitor how the Website and its services are used in order to provide you superior customer service, as well as to maintain and improve the Website services, including for marketing purposes. The Center honors Do Not Track (DNT) signals, and we do not track or plant Cookies when a DNT browser mechanism is in place. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit Cookies And You.
You can edit or remove the permissions you have granted us to use information from your connected social media accounts by using the application privacy settings on your social media account. For instructions on how to change or remove access from your Facebook account, visit Facebook App Visibility and Privacy.
How Your Information is Used
We will use your information to provide you with services about which you have inquired, as well as, with your permission, in marketing about offers and products. Wherever we collect information with marketing in mind, we will inform you and provide you with the opportunity to choose not to receive these marketing pieces.
Use of your information will typically fall into, though is not limited to, one of the categories below.
- Internal administration of your account content by staff to align data with our business practices.
- Register you and provide you access to the website.
- Respond to inquiries or requests you direct to us.
- Fulfill your requests for tickets, e-mail content, online content or products we sell.
- Fulfill your contributions and communicate with you relating to your contributions.
- Send you communications and updates about our website or events
- Send you communications requesting feedback about our website or events.
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the website and our venue.
The Center does not sell personal information. The Center never shares donor lists. All organizations, resident or rental, that present performances or events on the Center’s campus utilize the Fifth Third Bank Box Office to process orders, and these organizations will receive their order details, including your personal information, upon their request. The Center is not responsible for actions by these organizations, but our partner non-profit organizations adhere to similar policies. For more information on their specific policies, please contact these organizations directly.
The Center reserves the right to trade lists with other organizations giving our partner organizations and ourselves a one-time opportunity to cross promote specific events. These trades are done with complete confidentiality with no personal information revealed to either organization.
Inappropriate Website Content
If you, or any member of your group, are photographed or filmed while on the Center’s campus by an authorized/staff photographer, the photo and/or video belongs to the photographer, and you release to the Center, its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit and market this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately, including social media websites.
Updating Personal Information
The Center will happily update or correct your information or remove you from our mailing lists upon your request. Change this information by updating your account online, e-mailing us at Tickets@TheCenterPresents.org, by calling the Ticket Office at 317.843.3800 or by stopping at the Fifth Third Bank Box Office in person. We send out information about new and upcoming events, and you can control the e-mails through the multi-step unsubscribe process which can be found by clicking on the footer of one of these e-mails. We only want to send you information that you want to receive.
Your Rights (UK and EU Citizens and Residents Only)
The rights in this section and this section only are legally guaranteed for users who are citizens of or currently residing in the United Kingdom (UK) or any European Union (EU) member country. Citizens of and users in the United States of America (USA or US) are not guaranteed these rights, and any request by a US resident based upon the rights as described below may not be acted upon.
- The Right of Transparency (to be informed):
- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information. We have an obligation to be transparent and provide you with this information freely and that it is easily understood. This policy serves to provide details on collection and use of personal information.
- The Right of Access (to your information):
- You have a right to have access to the information we hold about you and to verify that we are using your personal information lawfully. If asked, we will provide confirmation of what personal information we hold, provide a copy of that information, and inform you of any other rights you may have.
- The Right of Rectification:
- You have the right to have any information held about you which is inaccurate to be rectified. If you believe that we have inaccurate information, for example a misspelled name, then please contact us and we will do our utmost to sort it out for you.
- The Right to be Forgotten (right to erasure):
- You have, subject to certain conditions being met, the right to be forgotten. Where we can, we will remove all your details from our systems subject to being able to do so reasonably, and where no other legal or legitimate reason exists to keep your personal data. For example, if you owe money to us via an account, we would expect this to be cleared before we considered erasure of your details.
- The Right to Restrict Processing (of your information):
- In some cases, you may require us to hold your information but not process it; this may be relevant if you believe inaccuracies have not been corrected and further processing would cause issues for you as an individual.
- The Right to Data Portability:
- Personal information portability means that, on request, we will give you the information we hold about you in a form that can easily be used by other systems. This is most likely to be a spreadsheet file so that you may pass this information on to other organizations with which you would like to share the information. It may not always be possible to give you everything in this format, but we will always seek to provide the best solutions which we can be reasonably expected to produce.
- The Right to Object:
- You have a right to object to how personal information about you is processed, in some instances. You may object to us processing your personal information for our legitimate interests, to stop directing marketing and processing your personal information for research or statistical purposes.
- Unless we can demonstrate compelling reasons for continuing to process your personal information, which we will provide to you in the form of a written explanation, if relevant, when you object, then we will always endeavor to comply with your wishes.
- The Right to Stop Automated Individual Decision Making (including profiling):
- Should we wish to carry out any automated decision making or make aggregated data assumptions (profiling) based on your personal information, such as a data heat map of ticket buyers and the locations of their primary residence, then we will abide by the law and do this only where it is necessary to do so, or if we have your consent.
- Any decisions made automatically about you will be made obvious to you, where they have a direct effect on you. You will always have the ability to contact us and query these activities and request that they stop or have human intervention.
- We aim to be transparent and open about this type of information processing so that you can feel assured that your information is safe, kept confidential and always used lawfully and fairly.
- The Right to Complain:
- You have a right to complain to the regulator in the country in which you reside if you believe any misuse of your information has taken place. Please visit the European Data Protection Board website to locate the relevant contact information.
You have the right to request a full copy of the information we hold about you. We may require additional verification depending upon the nature of your request. In order to process this request, please submit a written request, preferably by e-mail.
For all questions and contact relating to your rights, please use the information located in the Contact section below. Communications regarding your rights outside of the methods listed in the Contact section below may be considered invalid submissions and may not be acted upon.
Acceptance and Changes
We may change this policy from time to time (for example, if the law changes), so please do check it regularly to keep up-to-date. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending notices via our normal communication methods. By continuing to engage with us through our services and our website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
The Center for the Performing Arts
Attn: Maryan Douglas, Data Protection
1 Carter Green
Carmel, IN 46032
Last updated on December 18, 2022.