For your safety, guests at the Center for the Performing Arts are subject to visual inspection (including the use of metal-detecting magnetometers) of person, parcels, bags, containers and/or clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Guests may refuse inspections; however, management reserves the right to refuse entry.
For safety reasons, prohibited items may include but are not limited to:
- Alcohol, drugs, illegal substances, or any paraphernalia associated with drug use
- Audio/video recorders, professional cameras, tripods
- Cans, bottles, coolers, or other similar containers
- Clothing that displays obscene/offensive language and/or pictures (as determined by Center management)
- Laser pens/pointers of any type
- Military or tactical-style clothing/gear (active-duty military uniforms are allowed)
- Noisemakers such as air horns
- Outside food or drinks
- Pepper spray/Mace
- Weapons of any type, including chains, knives, firearms, and spiked jewelry
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by event/building management
If an item is revealed during a search, the guest may dispose of the item or return the item to a safe storage location away from the Center's campus.