COVID-19 Policies & Protocols
- All patrons on site will be required to wear masks or face coverings at all times.
- Venue seating capacities will be limited to less than 30 percent until further notice.
- Patrons should maintain physical distancing of six feet between their immediate party and other patrons.
- Gathering is not permitted in the lobby before or after shows.
- If you, or anyone you have interacted with, has experienced any symptoms of illness such as fever, chills, dry cough, shortness of breath or sore throat within the past 14 days, please stay home.
Cleaning and sanitizing
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at all lobby entrances.
- High-contact surfaces (door handles, countertops, etc.) will be wiped down and sanitized before, during and after each event.
- All theaters, lobbies, restrooms and concession areas will be cleaned and sanitized before, during and after every event.
- Venue cleaning will be conducted according to CDC guidelines. The theaters will be disinfected with an Ultra Low Volume Fogging System.
Volunteers and staff
- All staff and volunteers are required to wear masks for the duration of their shifts.
- Staff and volunteers must self-check temperatures prior to starting each shift.
- All staff and volunteers will receive updated training on cleaning and operational procedures.
Physical distancing and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Face masks or facial coverings are required upon entry to the venue.
- We request that, to the best of their abilities, patrons maintain six feet of distance from others while in common areas.
Auditorium distancing, entry and exit policies
- Upon entering the facility, patrons will be asked to display their tickets, and an usher or staff member will scan tickets without handling them.
- After scanning, patrons will be directed to a specific door for entering the event venue.
- To ensure the recommended physical distancing, patrons must sit in their ticketed seats.
- To maintain distancing when the event ends, patrons will be dismissed by rows or sections beginning with those closest to the exits.
- The Center will offer limited beverage service during events.
- Patrons will be required to hold their identification for bartender inspection.
- Cashless payment - Do not hand credit/debit card to cashier. Cashless payment options are available for credit cards or mobile devices.
- To the extent possible, beverages and concessions will be individually packaged.
- Countertops will be sanitized regularly and as often as possible.
Box Office and ticketing
- The Box Office is currently closed for walk-up sales.
- The Box Office can be reached by phone at 317.843.3800 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or by email at Tickets@TheCenterPresents.org.
- Tickets can be purchased online at TheCenterPresents.org.
- Walk-up ticket sales are no longer available beginning three hours prior to the scheduled event time.
- Office staff will wear masks (and gloves when needed) when customers are present.
For everyone's safety
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently, or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please stay home and help us keep everyone safe.
- We will refund tickets in the event of illness.
- You agree to physically distance and follow all safety protocols in the Center’s venues, including wearing a mask or facial covering at all times except when seated for the performance.